Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Things getting back to normal

Well today the weather finally gave the fishermen a break. We had blue skies, warmer weather and less wind. It seemed (for some) that the nicer weather helped the fishing. We are still not seeing great numbers of fish across the board, but some boats are doing ok. If nothing else, it was a beautiful day to be on the lake. Many of the guys finally got a chance to be a bit more adventurous and they explored areas beyond the lighthouses. We also had one small group take advantage of the nice weather as they fired up a tasty shore lunch. I even got out fishing! For the first time this season I got out on Red Lake to fish. I did not catch any trout, but I did catch a bunch of eater size walleyes. I also caught 2 of the fattest walleyes I have seen in a while. One was 25" and the other was 23". They were both incredibly strong and fought like pike. They had to be 3 or 4 inches thick. Way to big for cheezers, so back they went.

I would like to thank all of the 'Bloggers' who continue to send me pictures. Still looking for some more camp record fish though.



Add caption

Bill with a 41 1/4" pike




This is what a BBL potential camp record
pike looks like. 49.5" and 30 lbs.

1 comment:

  1. I wish that fish was released back in the water for others to catch!

    ReplyDelete