Thursday, August 7, 2014

The jumbos were biting tonight!!

Over all, fishing has been pretty consistent. The bigger walleyes are being caught before
breakfast and after dinner. Most of the guests are having no problem catching the "unders".
20-50 fish per day is pretty typical for most. Pike fishing is still a bit slow.

Below is a snap shot of what I was able to catch in just a couple hours tonight.
Apparently the passing thunderstorms helped the fish get their 'bite on'. I caught about
20 walleyes and maybe 30 perch, all without leaving the bay. And without using
 any live bait!! All the fish were caught on a 1/16th once jig with a red and white tube.
(crappie size). The biggest perch measured 12 inches!!

I think I need to start a Lunker Perch Club.

P.S. Thanks to Happy from the SFFC for giving me a fresh supply of tube jigs!

My first 12 incher!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment