Saturday, August 10, 2013

End of another fun week.

Just a quick recap/update for you daily bloggers. The fishing did pick up as the week progressed and the guys found some nicer fish. I even got out fishing a few times with my brother, who came up for the week with his family. We did quite well the first night out, we boated over 50 fish. The next trip out we got 20 or so. And last night we only got about a dozen but there were a couple of nice 20"+ walleyes. David Rodgers was the walleye whisperer last week as he quietly caught over 200 walleyes for the week, with many in the 24-27" range. Nice work David!! We had quite a few new guests last week and I think the changing weather conditions made it harder than it should have been. Guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching. Jillian and I truly enjoyed meeting the new groups and we look forward to seeing them next year.
Thanks also to my brother and his family for making the long trip up, it is always nice to have family and friends stay for a visit. And thanks for "dragging" me out fishing. By the way, when you look at the pics of the new cabin (which will be up soon), the rocks around the concrete footings was my brother's idea. I have to give credit where it is due :)

He may be the 'smiley-est' baby ever. He is also REALLY close to taking his
first steps! YIKES. 

Pop quiz...who is more tired me or Jeremiah?

No comments:

Post a Comment