Thursday, August 8, 2013

Bear Hunting Update...

Just a quick update on how my bear baiting is progressing...I have baited 9 sites so far and will be baiting 5 others today. Almost all of the baits have been hit, most by multiple bears and some definite shooters. The blueberries are out and by the amount of scat that I have been seeing, the bears know exactly where they are (nice snacks for me as well). I will be updating the Bear hunting page as often as I can, so if the pics do not show up on our main page check the hunting page.

I have had some trail cameras go bad on me this year, so I will be a bit slower to rotate the working ones to all of the sites. Should be no problem, however, to have pics from all sites by opening day. I have also had to modify some of sites due to the October snow storm damage. The snow was so heavy that it knocked down thousands of trees throughout the entire region making some roads impassable. I encourage all hunters to be well dialed in with their weapon (as always) and be in good shape, as tracking a bear in this blowdown will not be easy.

I have put pics of small, medium and large bears...can you tell which is a shooter? Tip: look for small ears, big belly and back end, legs and feet that look small compared to body, size of bear in relation to bucket or tires.


Notice the time on the camera, then look at next pic...













No comments:

Post a Comment