Sunday, May 19, 2013

Fish On!!!!!!

Well it is a little to big for lunch, but it was a good fight anyway.
It took about 20 minutes to land this big boy on my light action rod spooled with 8# test and a 16oz jig. Oh ya, also forgot to bring a net down there as well. You think I would learn by now. That makes it 3 years in row...I have caught a 40 in pike off our swim dock as my first fish of the year.  

The wind is really blowing hard today. We have white-caps in our bay. The ice is going to take a good beating this afternoon. I will take another boat ride later today to check the main lake.

3 comments:

  1. Nice fish.....hey, you have the biggest fish at camp so far this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great blog Jim! Nice to see what's going on up there. I'm hoping to make it up there in August.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog. Yes we're all anxious to get north and wet lines & yes your walleye cheezer looks delicious. Now if I can just get the Hawks to pull even in the series with Detroit tonight - "All will be right in the world again"!

    Newfy remnants look to make for a really nice sized cabin there next to the Main Lodge. You all stay well til we see you on the 8th.

    ReplyDelete